Saturday, July 27, 2019

Kris Aquino Ipinakita ang Engagement Ring ng Yumaong Sen. Ninoy at Dating Pangulo Corazon Aquino

Kris Aquino Ipinakita ang Engagement Ring ng Yumaong Sen. Ninoy at Dating Pangulo Corazon Aquino












CORAZON, the Spanish word for HEART. Maybe that’s why my mom gave birth to me on Valentine’s Day, the day we celebrate LOVE? Because for me, SHE will always represent unconditional love... love that never needed a ledger, a spreadsheet, or an accounting file. She just gave to me, not asking for anything in return. A decade has passed, and yet it feels as fresh as a moment ago. i remember signing DNR forms. i can still feel being shaken awake when her monitors signaled that she’d soon flatline. i can see all of us praying the Rosary and saying goodbye. i remember signing her death certificate. i recall getting into the vehicle that transported our mom’s remains to the Heritage mortuary. And i can never forget my auntie passy giving me her pearl earrings for mom to wear. Mom’s Paul Cabral dress arrived. Juan Sarte came straight from the domestic airport because i asked him after our last family Christmas picture had been taken and mom had been happy that she had looked good in our jun de leon photos, that when the day came, would he please be there to make my mom beautiful? Mom was blessed to have experienced giving that enduring, unflinching once in a lifetime LOVE very few ever get to even dream of, to our dad. He was her first, last, and only. That’s why somehow, even in death, 2 AM, on August 1, 2009 she still lived the meaning of her name. it couldn’t be mere coincidence that my dad had been shot on August 21, 1983- at 1 PM. please allow me to let you get to know my mom through my eyes, as i share some special things she left me to keep. this was her ENGAGEMENT RING from my Dad... the quality you seem to like in me, my devotion as a mom comes naturally, because i grew up LOVED.
A post shared by Kris Aquino (@krisaquino) on

No comments:

Post a Comment